We didn't really have much of a plan for the day other than to see the sights of Ireland. We had bought the Dublin Saver Pass for 2 days that lets you get in to all the tourist attractions at a discounted rate. Well they failed to mention that the Monday which was our second day was a bank holiday and everything was closed. Basically they just ripped us off. So we walked around after realizing we couldn't get into anything and tried to find something to do. Who knew that Irish people loved their colorful doors. While we were walk around town we came across these 10 year old boys tagging a wall like it was no big deal...i loved it.
| Boys randomly tagging a wall in a residential area |
The town was out of a magazine!!! The water was beautiful and there was green everywhere! We basically did our own version of town and country magazine photo shoot. We went to see some of the cliffs which were breathtaking and took lots of great pictures. I felt like I was in PS I Love You.
On our way back from the cliffs we ran into a couple guys who we notice we're parking up some resist since they had been in the water. Obviously these guys were crazy going into the freezing water but I guess that works for the Irish. Knowing that we had a long walk down to where the bus stop was why not get a ride from them. Looking back at it now it probably wasn't the smartest idea to hop in the back of a white van with no windows and filled with dead fish, spears, and saws. Also no actual seats just wherever you could find a spot to sit? But we of course were tired and lazy and decided these guys were not going to do anything shady. Hopefully. Mom I know you're freaking out reading this right now but I promise everything was okay :) I promise I'm making good decisions!
We went out that night to the temple bar district and had a great time with this love band playing some great Irish music. I was obsessed. They even played a song from PS I Love You. Not too much happed while we were out so we decided to head back to the hostel.
We had made some friends while we were at the hostel. Shout out to my boys dioni geanluca and Eduardo for making our stay memorable! I know you're reading this since I know all you do is hang out at the kitchen ;) that night I persuaded christy to help me write our first post of our adventures as we listened to crazy hostel stories from Eduardo. Good times for sure. Let's just say for some reason christy and I just end up hanging out with the workers and being their best buddies. Haha we like it.
Well more to come from the remaining Ireland and of course London adventures!
Peace and Love,
Alejandra
No comments:
Post a Comment